Multi-cloud networking is becoming the norm as enterprises look to employ best of breed cloud resources, optimize cloud data center locations, and reduce concentration risk. Yet inter-region and multi-cloud architectures have been encumbered by legacy connectivity methods, unreliable Internet performance, and unpredictable egress traffic costs from cloud service providers.
PacketFabric Cloud Router solves those challenges by enabling private, secure multi-cloud connectivity to major cloud service providers, colocation facilities, and/or branch locations. Cloud Router is a distributed virtual routing service, built on the edge, that leverages PacketFabric’s massively scalable and automated optical transport network.
PacketFabric Cloud Router provides:
- Private, high-speed, and secure connectivity between cloud providers
- Optimized, low latency service
- Cloud-native architecture with no hardware requirements
- Transparency and control
But wait…there’s more!
We are excited to announce the latest feature taking our scalable cloud connectivity even further and enabling our flagship Cloud Router product with the capability of connection upgrades.
With this feature, our customers can now increase the bandwidth of their existing connections to various cloud service providers like AWS and GCP, IPsec connections, and dedicated port (non cloud) connections. This means you can scale your network infrastructure as your business grows and demands higher bandwidth.
Bigger benefits for your organization
- Improved performance and scalability: With the ability to upgrade the connection bandwidth, customers can improve their network’s performance and scalability. This is especially useful for businesses that experience high traffic or data transfer volumes.
- Time savings: Customers can save time by upgrading their existing connections instead of creating new connections.
- Flexibility: With the upgrade capability, customers can adjust their network bandwidth according to their business needs. This means that they can quickly respond to changes on demand without having to go through the process of creating a new connection.
Improving day-to-day operations
- E-commerce: Businesses that experience high volumes of online traffic can benefit from upgrading their hosted connections. This can improve the performance of their e-commerce website, resulting in faster page loading times and improved customer satisfaction.
- Data-intensive applications: Businesses that use data-intensive applications like big data analytics can benefit from upgrading their connections. This can improve the speed and reliability of data transfer, resulting in more accurate and timely insights.
- Remote work: With remote work becoming more prevalent, businesses can upgrade their IPsec connections to ensure secure and reliable communication between employees and their on-premises infrastructure.
Level up your multi-cloud strategy
Our new upgrade capability for Cloud Router connections offers numerous benefits to customers, including improved performance, scalability, cost savings, and flexibility. Customers can now easily increase their connection bandwidth and scale their network infrastructure as their business grows. Honestly, who doesn’t like an upgrade?
Interested in learning more about PacketFabric Cloud Router? Set up a call with our experts here.
Current PacketFabric customer? Here’s how to complete your Cloud Router connection upgrade:
1. Log in to the PacketFabric portal and select the Cloud Router connection you want to upgrade. In the example below, I have a 1Gbps Cloud Router with a 100 Mbps Cloud Router connection.
2. Once you select the connection, a side modal opens. Click on Upgrade.
3. Select the new connection speed. You can see the updated monthly rate for the connection.
4. Click Update. The portal refreshes to show that an upgrade is in progress.
5. When the upgrade is complete, you can see the new speed of 400 Mbps.
You can also achieve the connection upgrade using our Terraform Provider by updating the speed attribute.
We are always looking into connection upgrades for other cloud service providers and dedicated cloud ports. Please don’t hesitate to provide us with your valuable feedback to help us prioritize them.
Check out our documentation to learn more about Cloud Router and its capabilities.