Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Technical Program Manager! The product and engineering teams are small, talented, and close knit groups and we need someone who has a passion for automating networks and creating services with maximum transparency.
As a well rounded technical product manager, your technical leadership will make a big impact on our business. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on our core network as a service platform.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Working with sales, the customer support team, and customers to deeply understand the problems our customers face in deploying and using network connectivity and creating new use cases around these problems.
- Evangelizing products to customers, and serving as the subject matter expert.
- Working continuously on refinements and updates to the existing product for the best customer experience.
- Leading the network and software teams to get new features and products implemented.
- Reviewing technical specifications and capabilities with the network architecture team to make decisions on underlying hardware and protocols, creating software integration plans with software teams, and creating a holistic technical view of how to bring a product or feature into the customer portal.
- Working with software engineering to implement systems, test, and deploy systems – reviewing architecture as needed to ensure program goals are met.
- Writing engineering analysis and recommendations to stakeholders, then flipping the script and explaining product trade offs to engineers, all the while keeping scale and long term viability in mind with trade offs for faster execution.
- Researching additional ideas you may have to improve the platform overall and sharing with the product team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a CS degree, a solid background in both software and network engineering, and naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products.
- 5+ years as a production software engineer.
- 5+ years as a technical product manager for a network based product or as a network engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of layer 2 (Ethernet, 802.1q), layer 3 (IP, MPLS), routing protocols (BGP, ISIS) and network concepts such as transit, peering, and transport.
- Technical knowledge of common network application architectures, features and functions, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, SD-WAN appliances, etc.
- Proven experience in prioritizing development activities, writing requirements, and producing continual product improvements.
- Proficiency with Python, SQL and probably more languages.
- Proficiency with tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, Postman, and the Google Tools Suite (Docs/Sheets/Slides).
- Experience leading cross functional engineering teams, and collaborates well in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, that accompany excellent organizational skills.
- A never ending drive to solve complex problems, move projects to completion, and gather feedback from customers.
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and measurements of product success.
- The mindset to automate everything, all the time.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
- Financial, or financial modeling experience.
- Experience as a production network engineer in a large network.
- Experience with one or more of the major cloud providers performing API integrations and/or deployment automation of compute, security, and network configuration.
- Experience with a wide variety of hybrid cloud environments.
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC OFFERS:
- Remote first, globally distributed team.
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types.
- A small company culture.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC DOESN’T OFFER:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.