PacketFabric, Inc seeks a creative, talented, and experienced IT Specialist to support our Network-as-a-Service company. We provide secure and private cloud and colocation connectivity-on-demand services to companies globally.
In our rapidly growing business, you will implement Enterprise IT solutions, help support the creation of more effective and efficient business automation processes, and ensure our IT systems comply with industry security and privacy standards and certification requirements
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This is a hands-on role in which you will directly manage the company’s technology operations and IT systems and capabilities. You will evaluate current capabilities, identify needed improvements, and create automation and process improvements that will ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of services and data in the Enterprise network.
The selected candidate must have and maintain a clear view of new technologies, network management tools, and network administration methodologies that are coming online and then be able to communicate the appropriateness of these new technologies to stake holders for this environment. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives. The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time, and specifications of the company.
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the company
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges
- Actively update, maintain, and monitor all aspects of managed employee systems
- Resolve technical issues related to managed employee systems
- Implement and maintain Enterprise IT technology controls to support PacketFabric policies and secure operational needs
- Collaborate with stakeholders to design and implement solutions to address technology needs and enable cost-saving automation capabilities
- Continuously analyze operational processes and practices to improve effectiveness and efficiencies in IT systems and business workflow
- Manage and maintain business applications and services supporting the enterprise
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Issue and manage licenses where applicable
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation regarding deployed IT systems and processes.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Organized with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with managing employee systems
- ITAM and ITSM systems, processes, and quality controls knowledge and implementation experience
- Experienced and knowledgeable in continuous integration /delivery systems
Education & Experience
- BS in computer science, engineering or relevant field or significant relevant work experience
- 3 years of proven expertise in IT services Expertise in managing and operating SaaS solutions
- 1-3 years of relevant customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services
- Experience with a Technology start-up is a plus
- Strong technical acumen with Google Workspace, Atlassian and cloud-based services
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC OFFERS:
- Remote first, globally distributed team
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types
- A small company culture
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents
WHAT PACKETFABRIC DOESN’T OFFER:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.