PacketFabric is looking for a Software Engineer in Test! This person will join a team of engineers, helping ensure our releases, integrations, and network continue to perform as our customers expect.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Work closely within the SRE and development teams – Network, Backend, Frontend – to create test cases
- Create and maintain test cases and scenarios for our APIs
- Troubleshooting complex issues to provide detailed and repeatable steps to replicate
- Create and maintain test cases for our various integrations with third parties (including Stripe and Salesforce)
- Create and maintain UI based test cases and scenarios
- Create scale testing for various systems
- Asking good questions
WHAT YOU BRING:
The right candidate will have enough programming experience to know what edge cases programmers commonly miss and have solid instincts for testing frameworks and methodologies. You don’t need to be reminded to test for security issues or look at the web console for errors because it’s just part of your nature.
More specifics include:
- You are comfortable with Python, experienced with testing frameworks and know how to perform more than unit tests. We utilize PyTest.
- You have multiple years of experience developing or testing on a large project
- Comfortable on any ix command line
- Detailed documentation skills – especially when reproducing bugs or describing new features
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Be comfortable with Git version control and project tracking tools like JIRA in a team environment
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Previous exposure to networking protocols and concepts such as IPv4/6, VLANs, VPNs, BGP, etc.
- Previous experience integrating or testing integrations with Salesforce
Our Hiring Process
We strive to keep our hiring process transparent and simple. Below is the process our candidates go through.
- Job application submission (you are here)
- Take-home coding project assignment, relevant to the job description
- 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager or team lead
- Two or three 45-60 minute phone interviews with engineers (peers) with whom you will regularly interact at PacketFabric
- 30-minute phone screen with Product and Engineering member of management (optional)
- Reference check
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC OFFERS:
- Remote first, globally distributed team
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types
- A small company culture
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents
WHAT PACKETFABRIC DOESN’T OFFER:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.