Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Product Manager of Ecosystem! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform. The product team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need someone who has a passion for automating network interaction.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As a well rounded product manager, your business leadership will make a big impact on our product. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on our cloud connectivity (Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure and others) services as well as our B2B connectivity services.
- Owning our Cloud Connectivity and Ecosystem roadmap. Working with stakeholders to prioritize features on the roadmap, always staying focused on ruthless reduction of user friction.
- Working closely with the UI/UX teams to create prototypes for new features, gathering feedback from customers, and refining to create amazing user experiences.
- Measuring and driving success for all products in core platform product portfolio: competitiveness in market, supply/demand planning, demand gen, adoption, frictionless and fast support, and ultimate success of P&L.
- Managing product pricing strategy, structure, levels and becoming an expert on market competitive pricing
- Partnering across the company and creating go to market strategies for new products, coordinating and communicating these plans across the company.
- Creating training that excites and motivates the sales team
- Talking to end users and reviewing product feature requests to become the voice of the user internally
- Performing market research and developing use cases for new products and features
- Presenting and evangelizing the company’s solutions in customer meetings and recruiting early/beta customers to try new features.
- Researching customer feedback you may have to improve the platform overall and sharing with the product, software, and network teams.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a strong technical background, along with a good dose of cloud knowledge, and naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, technical marketing or sales engineering roles.
- 3+ years experience in a technical role, building and using services on major and/or alternative cloud providers
- Strong understanding and experience with data center colocation and cloud infrastructure markets including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Exceptional presentation skills, being able to both create quality content with PowerPoint or Slides and deliver it.
- Strong operational and program management experience, including designing and operating programs, budget management, analysis and modeling, and translating data and analytics into insights and recommendations to drive ROI
- Proven ability to create detailed business cases demonstrating through understanding of the problem, solution, market, and economics
- Ability to identify and translate emerging trends into product strategy, features, and enhancements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about driving decisions with data, and fairly handy with Excel
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and financial business intelligence to enable decisions throughout the company
- The mindset to automate everything, all the time
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done
- Ability to thrive working independently, cross-functionally, and in a 100% remote organization
- Previous product management experience with B2B SaaS
- Previous experience integrating with cloud provider APIs
Our Hiring Process
We strive to keep our hiring process transparent and simple. Below is the process our candidates go through.
- Job application submission (you are here)
- Take-home coding project assignment, relevant to the job description
- 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager or team lead
- Two or three 45-60 minute phone interviews with engineers (peers) with whom you will regularly interact at PacketFabric
- 30-minute phone screen with Product and Engineering member of management (optional)
- Reference check
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
WHAT PACKETFABRIC OFFERS:
- Remote first, globally distributed team
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products
- The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types
- A small company culture
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents
WHAT PACKETFABRIC DOESN’T OFFER:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.