Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Sr. Product Manager! PacketFabric has created the easiest platform for networks to connect and exchange traffic, regardless of location. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group. We share a bond formed from the love of running head long at difficult problems and finding highly effective solutions.
As a well rounded user product manager, your contributions will be the most highly visible in the organization, and to our customer base. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses exclusively on our core networking product set, so intimate technical familiarity with how networks function is a necessity. A typical day in the life of a product manager just might include:
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Owning the core network and software roadmap and prioritizing features, with a laser focus on ruthless reduction of user friction.
- Working closely with the UI/UX teams to create prototypes for new features, gathering feedback from customers, and refining to create amazing user experiences.
- Measuring and driving success for all products in core platform product portfolio: competitiveness in market, supply/demand planning, demand gen, adoption, frictionless and fast support, and ultimate success of P&L.
- Managing product pricing strategy, structure, levels and becoming an expert on market competitive pricing
- Partnering across the company and creating go to market strategies for new products, coordinating and communicating these plans across the company.
- Creating training that excites and motivates the sales team
- Talking to end users and reviewing product feature requests to become the voice of the user internally
- Performing market research and developing use cases for new products and features
- Presenting and evangelizing the company’s solutions in customer meetings and recruiting early/beta customers to try new features.
- Researching customer feedback you may have to improve the platform overall and sharing with the product, software, and network teams.
Skills & Requirements
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a CS degree, a solid background in engineering, a good dose of financial experience, and just happened to naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products with clarity that user experience can make or break even the best ideas.
7+ years of experience in product management, technical marketing or sales engineering
- 2+ years of experience in product management, technical marketing or sales engineering at a SaaS company
- A keen eye for intuitive and elegant user experience
- Working technical knowledge of many different cloud providers (Amazon, Google, etc), and wide are networking
- Exceptional presentation skills, being able to create quality content with PowerPoint or Slides and deliver it
- Proven ability to create detailed business cases demonstrating through understanding of the problem, solution, market, and economics
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, that accompanies excellent organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and proficiency with Excel
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and driving decisions with data
- A desire to break the mold and shrug the tried and true when it comes to
- A never ending drive to create easy and intuitive products that perform complicated networking tasks.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
- Previous product management experience with B2B SaaS
About PacketFabric, Inc.
What PacketFabric doesn’t offer:
- A dress code – so sorry, no casual Fridays
- Pre-meetings where we plan meetings
- Hours wasted in traffic commuting to the office
- Dull moments
- Rigid and defined job structure
What PacketFabric does offer:
- An opportunity to create in the space of new technologies like SDN and large data sets
- Flexibility to play the different hats in a startup
- The chance to disrupt entrenched Internet infrastructure
- Interaction and involvement with the community groups such as Open-IX, Nanog, and RIPE
- New and interesting problems around automation of fundamental Internet infrastructure
- A team that likes to learn from each other
- A continuous develop environment where we always turning out new features
- The ability to work with many different technologies
- The ability to work with lots of open source technology
- A non-corporate and relaxed atmosphere, with small company culture
- VERY good health, dental, and 401K
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.