PacketFabric has done to the network what cloud did to compute and storage. We’ve made it affordable and easy to consume without sacrificing the quality and reliability of a carrier-grade network. Customer and developer experience, automation, and engineering rigor are crucial to our mission. This means our customers get the speed of the cloud, the ease of the internet, and the reliability of a highly-engineered network… without the cost. Join us in leading this market transformation!
As a hands-on Senior Business Consultant, Partners & Alliances, your primary goals will be to create mutually beneficial, results-oriented partnerships and sales strategies with a portfolio of PacketFabric’s top partners, from large Fortune 100 global companies to smaller, highly strategic growth partners. You will consult with all levels of partner organizations, including C-Level, senior sales leadership, senior engineering leadership, product teams, and support teams. You will identify joint value propositions, drive service creation and orderability; and create strategies, content, and programs to enable their sales, support and engineering teams to successfully build, market, and sell PacketFabric services. You will be accountable to forecast, drive, and manage the overall success of the sales numbers for your partner portfolio.
HIGH LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop partnership strategy, perform business analysis, create GTM plans, set sales targets
- Own partner forecasts and sales numbers
- Engage with all levels of the partner’s organization to create and drive a joint value proposition (or a partner value proposition that is “powered by PacketFabric”), create high-value services, plan and execute GTM, translate strategy into end-to-end execution plans, and execute against all aspects of plan to drive joint revenue targets
- Assess partner capabilities, build enablement strategies to fill gaps (training, coaching, consulting, etc.), create and deliver content as needed, execute against plans, and measure results
- Engage with partner sales leadership and training teams (if appropriate) to coach sales teams in prospecting, communicating value propositions, building pipelines, designing solutions, and assessing and communicating economic benefits to customers
- Assist partner sales teams in closing their first deals
- Engage with PacketFabric and partner marketing and product teams to plan, execute, and measure messaging, PR, marketing, and demand gen campaigns
- Measure and communicate the numbers monthly and quarterly by closely managing pipeline, forecasting, and reporting and communicating progress to executive team, board members, and other stakeholders
- Create partner playbooks for sales and GTM strategies, enablement plans, sales plays, and programmatic interventions to drive results
- Manage and track all joint sales activities, plan and drive specific joint programs, incentives, campaigns, and sales pipelines
- Lead QBRs with each partner, and with PacketFabric leadership team, to communicate partnership, program, and pipeline status; operational metrics, sales pipelines, ROI metrics, and manage prioritization, risks, and challenges proactively
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
The ideal candidate is a seasoned consultant, has strong technical acumen in cloud, networking, storage, compute, and is experienced in sales, pre-sales, sales engineering, and/or results-oriented partner alliances.
- 7+ years of experience in a solution sales or senior consulting role
- 3+ years on transformational projects that include end-to-end consultative design of new products, projects, or programs; execution and delivery; change management, ROI analysis, and measurement strategies
- Understanding of forecast methodologies, with 3+ years of experience in owning a P&L, forecast, or sales number (product or sales)
- Sales/partner enablement and training experience is a must (formal or informal)
- Strong understanding and experience with data center colocation and cloud infrastructure markets including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Experience in operational roles is a plus, e.g. OSS/BSS systems, service assurance, customer success, business analytics
- Engineering background is a plus
- Experience with large telco, data center, and/or CSP is a plus
- Experience working with and enabling ISV partners is a plus
- Extreme curiosity and ability to quickly learn new concepts, analyze problems; demonstrated systems thinking capability
- Service-oriented leadership style – not afraid to roll up sleeves, good intuition, knows when to lead, follow, and get out of the way
- Passionate about driving decisions with data
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and financial business intelligence to enable decisions throughout the company
- Ability to thrive working independently, cross-functionally, and in a 100% remote organization
SKILLS & CAPABILITES:
- Consultative business consulting and/or solution selling: understanding customer needs and pain points, framing value within the context of a partner’s or customer’s lens on their business, explicitly connecting business and technical capabilities to the resolution of pain points
- Superior partnering and negotiation: understanding partners’ and customers’ business models; creating mutually beneficial value propositions, sales, and marketing strategies; setting win/win goals; translate strategies into successful execution with measurable positive outcomes
- Ability to understand customers problems and create, design and explain valuable solutions
- Strategy Execution Measurement: Ability to translate strategy and high-level goals into clear and specific execution plans with measurable goals, create and execute measurement strategies, and communicate clear status of projects, pipelines, deals, and programs
- Superior communication: written, verbal, simplifying concepts, distilling and articulating value propositions, teaching, simplifying technical concepts
- Meeting facilitation: planning agendas for new partner acquisitions, service creation, sales kick-offs, training and marketing seminars, QBRs, etc.; hitting the mark on what partners and customers want to know, communicating data sharply and clearly, handling conflict elegantly, facilitating dialogue to specific positive outcomes
- Strong operational and program management experience, including designing and operating programs, budget management, analysis and modeling, and translating data and analytics into insights and recommendations to drive ROI
- Experience in market analysis and planning, sales expansion strategies, predictive modeling, and establishment of supply + demand gen strategies to both react to customer and partner needs, and establish and capture new markets
- Cross-functional leadership and partnership skills, with a strong personal accountability for driving outcomes and results across a wide variety of stakeholders, internal and external
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
What PacketFabric Offers
- Autonomy, accountability, and ownership to drive all aspects of your business results.
- Competitive compensation for high performers.
- Remote first, globally distributed team.
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry.
- A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to drive high growth in a maturing startup environment.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
Here at PacketFabric, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and follow employment lifecycle processes designed to prevent discrimination against our people, regardless of gender identity or expression or intersex, sexual orientation, religion, spiritual beliefs, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, national origin, citizenship, generation, culture, or any protected category under federal, state and local law.