Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Technical Program Manager! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform. We are deeply committed to understanding our customers needs, and creating products they love. We strive to create strong customer relationships throughout the company. The product and engineering teams are small, talented, and close knit groups and we need someone who has a passion for automating networks and creating services with maximum transparency.
As a well rounded technical product manager, your technical leadership will make a big impact on our business. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on our core network as a service platform.
A typical day in the life of a Core Platform Technical Program Manager might include:
- Working with sales, customer support team, and customers to deeply understand the problems our customers face in deploying and using network connectivity and creating new use cases around these problems.
- Evangelizing products to customers, and serving as the subject matter expert.
- Working continuously on refinements and updates to the existing product for the best customer experience.
- Leading the network and software teams to get new features and products implemented.
- Reviewing technical specifications and capabilities with the network architecture team to make decisions on underlying hardware and protocols, creating software integration plans with software teams, and creating a holistic technical view of how to bring a product or feature into the customer portal.
- Working with software engineering to implement systems, test, and deploy systems - reviewing architecture as needed to ensure program goals are met.
- Writing engineering analysis and recommendations to stakeholders, then flipping the script and explaining product trade offs to engineers, all the while keeping scale and long term viability in mind with trade offs for faster execution.
- Researching additional ideas you may have to improve the platform overall and sharing with the product team.
The candidates who will excel in this role probably have a CS degree, a solid background in both software and network engineering, and naturally gravitate towards planning and creating amazing products.
- 5+ years as a production software engineer.
- 5+ years as a technical product manager for a network based product or as a network engineer.
- Strong working knowledge of layer 2 (Ethernet, 802.1q), layer 3 (IP, MPLS), routing protocols (BGP, ISIS) and network concepts such as transit, peering, and transport.
- Technical knowledge of common network application architectures, features and functions, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, SD-WAN appliances, etc.
- Proven experience in prioritizing development activities, and producing continual product improvements.
- Proficiency with Python, SQL and probably more languages.
- Proficiency with tools like Git, Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, Postman, and wireframing tools.
- Experience leading cross functional engineering teams, and collaborates well in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, that accompany excellent organizational skills.
- A never ending drive to solve complex problems and move projects to completion.
- Experience creating key performance metrics, and measurements of product success.
- The mindset to automate everything, all the time.
- Never afraid to question notions or beliefs of how things should be done.
- Experience with software engineering in large distributed systems, or large scale infrastructure providers.
- Experience as a production network engineer in a large network.
- Experience with one or more of the major cloud providers performing API integrations and/or deployment automation of compute, security, and network configuration.
- Experience with a wide variety of hybrid cloud environments.
About PacketFabric, LLC.
What PacketFabric offers:
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.