Quickly maturing startup seeking like minded Sr. Network Architect! PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The technical team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need some help to make business operations flow smoothly.
As a well rounded Sr. Network Architect, you should be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and relishes challenges outside of your comfort level! You will be touching some of the most cutting edge network and optical equipment on the market, so you must come armed with well developed problem solving skills. Also needed is a willingness to take risks and learn new technologies as soon as (or before) they come to market.
A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric Network Architect might include these types of activities:
- Design, develop, and implement new network features based on direction from the product team.
- Maintain ownership of network projects, and see them through the design, testing, and implementation phases.
- Deliver high quality documentation on all projects, to be used by Network Engineering and other teams within the company.
- Automate anything and everything that can be automated!
- Troubleshoot any issue related to overall network health, be it backbone or customer-facing, hardware or software.
- Monitor overall network health (logging and metrics) for any potential issues.
- Upgrade / replace hardware across the network.
- Respond to and work to resolve customer issues via phone, chat, or support tickets, during work hours or during rotating on-call schedule.
- Enhance automated system tools that support the network.
- And of course, since this is a start-up, we aren’t just asking you to wear one hat. When you get a break, you can assist any of our other teams!
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will most likely have a CS degree and have a strong (10-15yr+) background working in large scale telecommunications environments, with a proven track record of completing projects on time in spite of obstacles.
- Expert level understanding of routing protocols (IS-IS, BGP, MPLS RSVP, MPLS SPRING), common network designs, and best practices found in large scale service provider, data center, and cloud networks.
- Expert level understanding of various Layer 2 interconnect technologies, their applicable uses and typical industry implementations, including but not limited to L2VPN, VPLS, EVPN/VXLAN, and EVPN/MPLS.
- Abundance of hands-on experience with carrier class routers and switches (e.g Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, Whitebox).
- Understanding of optical transport equipment and its underlying technologies.
- Experience implementing and operating both long-haul and regional/metro DWDM networks.
- Experience with major datacenter providers (Equinix, Digital Realty Trust, Coresite, etc). Familiar with facility interconnection methods and use of “remote hands” for installations and troubleshooting.
- Intermediate-plus understanding of current 'off box' network provisioning, network modeling and operational tooling.
- Experience with network automation approaches using ansible, salt, git, python, shell scripting, and netconf/restconf.
- Experience with managing your own tasks and projects, with a highly organized mindset.
- Extreme customer facing mindset, with the ability to communicate with customers when under intense pressure.
- Not too big for the small jobs, not too small for the big jobs.
About PacketFabric, Inc.
What PacketFabric doesn't offer:
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
What PacketFabric does offer:
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- Health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.