Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Sr. Front-End Engineer! PacketFabric is redefining the carrier network to software-as-a-service. The technical team is a small, talented, and close-knit group. We have a bond formed from the love of running head long at difficult problems and finding highly effective solutions. We need some help to make our customer billing system look as good as we feel.
What PacketFabric Offers
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
As a well-rounded software engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level! You will own the entire front-end application, so you must come armed with a solid understanding of programming principles, have a nearly magical intuition for good UI, and excellent understanding of front-end frameworks. A typical day in the life of a PacketFabric software engineer might include these types of activities:
- Architecting completely new features - such as an accounts receivable front-end - with code reuse, client experience, and speed in mind.
- Scrutinizing page load times and refactoring code to optimize user experience for viewing large data sets with thousands, and tens of thousands of items.
- Working closely with the UI/UX and product leads to add intuitive features, such as a new tax refund tool for accounts receivable.
- Working with back-end engineers and discussing quirks in the accounting systems and rules which translate to rapid API and UI changes.
- Interacting with internal customers and/or sales on a bug in the software, quickly resolving it, and coordinating across the team to push a fix.
- Researching additional ideas you may have, like providing better visualizations for revenue reports.
Skills & Requirements
The right candidates will have an extreme abundance of hard-core programming skills, have solid instincts for usability and creating beautiful functional web applications. You are probably a full stack developer who naturally gravitates towards front-end work. You know how to sacrifice algorithm elegance, for getting it done on deadline. You don't even need to be reminded of safe/secure programming practices, because things as simple as session security are inherent to your nature. More specifics include:
- Experience with one of these frameworks: Vue.js, Angular or AngularJS.
- Experience creating large scale data visualizations of any type.
- A solid foundation of OO programming paradigms and Git.
- Be completely at home on the *nix command line and have previous experience with a programming language typically used for back-end applications (preferably Python).
- Experience writing code that interacts asynchronously with detailed APIs on complex logic flows.
- Previous exposure to accounting concepts and practices. A huge plus for previous work with or on accounting systems.
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from.