Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded UI/UX designer! PacketFabric is redefining the carrier network to software-as-a-service. The technical team is a small, talented, and close-knit group. We need some help to make us look as good as our technology works.
What PacketFabric Offers
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers is acceptable attire any day of the week.
As a well-rounded user experience designer, your contributions will be the most highly visible in the organization, and our customer base. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. A typical day in the life of a UI/UX lead just might include:
- Mocking up UI and workflow for several new features being added to the platform.
- Designing visuals, interactions and individual assets to showcase content in the best way possible.
- Interacting with customers to get feedback and better understand their needs to generate ideas for improved UI/UX based on such feedback.
- Working closely with the product and software engineering teams to clearly communicate intent and implement your researched and well thought out changes to make the product more intuitive for users.
- Inspiring others in the company, from the executive team to customer support to think design first.
- Researching additional ideas that you may have to improve the product/platform overall and sharing them with the team.
Skills & Requirements
The candidates who will excel in this role naturally understand that the user experience can make or break even the best ideas. You are motivated to invent, create, and understand your target customer on a deep level. More specifics include:
- A portfolio showcasing your work and design skills.
- Be highly proficient prototyping experiences by creating wireframes and mockups in the tool of our choice
- Be able to create original digital assets to support your design ideas Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other graphic design tool sets
- Experience with Git
- A desire to break the mold and shrug the tried and true when it comes to displaying enormous and complicated data sets.
- A never ending drive to create easy and intuitive workflows for complicated tasks
It’s also a plus if you:
- Have experience with AngularJS and D3.js.
- Have a basic knowledge of various network concepts (routers, ports, IPs, VLANs, etc.)