Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Senior Technical Writer! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform. The product team is a small, talented, and close knit-group and we need some who has a passion for well written documentation to help provide our customers with a superior experience.
What PacketFabric Offers
- The chance to disrupt the entrenched Internet infrastructure industry.
- A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
- A product development pipeline that’s always pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
- The opportunity to work with many different technologies.
- The opportunity to work with lots of open source technology.
- A small company culture.
- A flat reporting structure.
- Outstanding health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.
What PacketFabric Doesn’t Offer
- Lack of direction: we maintain a clear roadmap and product pipeline.
- Pre-meetings: we don’t hold meetings to plan other meetings.
- A commute: no hours wasted in megaregion rush hour traffic.
- A dress code: a robe and slippers are acceptable attire any day of the week.
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for describing PacketFabric products to new and existing customers through public documentation. As a well-rounded individual, your contributions will be among the most highly visible in the organization, to our customers and our partners. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on the creation of material for the PacketFabric knowledgebase in the form of how-to articles, videos, and API documentation. A typical day in the life of a Senior Technical Writer might include:
- Creating a tutorial on deploying services via the PacketFabric portal.
- Working with the product team to create a video demonstrating the use of a new feature.
- Working with the marketing team to ensure that technical content is correct in other customer facing collateral.
- Creating diagrams of network architecture to help our customers better understand PacketFabric network solutions.
- Interacting with customers to get feedback on existing documentation and using that feedback to make changes.
The candidates who will exceed in this role probably have a CS degree, a solid background in software or network engineering, and just happened to naturally gravitate towards writing and explaining technical ideas in easy to understand language.
- A strong technical background in either software engineering or network engineering.
- Working technical knowledge of many different cloud providers (Amazon, Google, etc.).
- Be passionate about conveying complex technical ideas with perfect written clarity.
- Exceptional written communication skills, that accompanies excellent organizational skills.
- Tons of experience building documentation online.
- Be highly self-motivated to tackle complex projects with minimal direction.